Re: lost?? ot
gardenchat@hort.net

Kathy,
Thank goodness it wasn't a computer change this time.  I've been
through that several times, and it's no fun.  Chet needs a new one,
and I keep dreading the problems that will bring.
My printer had been a color HP laserjet. I do an awful lot of printing
for my various garden club and other projects, so it was easy to
accept that it was just worn out.  Since I didn't really use the color
much, I was ready to give up on that.  A couple of years ago I had
been persuaded to invest in a Brother all-in-one printer, scanner, fax,
and copier.  It was a total disaster.  Very slow, and soon nothing
worked right.  It was supposed to give me desk space by replacing
my ancient copier, flat-bed scanner, and separate fax machine.
After that fiasco I was very reluctant to get into another multi-purpose
machine, but I still needed the other functions that the Brother was
not giving me, and a techie friend recommended an HP office model.
It is not color, but so far everything else works beautifully.  The neat
new feature is double-sided printing that just flips the paper over -
before I had to take the paper out and reinsert it.

Chet would have no truck with a multi-purpose machine.  He has a
copier and doesn't use the other functions. Talk about learning after
68 - how about 82.  So shopping online I found a black-and-white
laser jet Okidata that sounded good.  It didn't come as soon as
expected, and when it did, he couldn't seem to get it together
right.  He's still macho enough that he isn't happy when I can fix
things that he can't, so someone will come tomorrow to set it up
for him

It's thawing today, and our drive isn't the sheet of ice it has been,
but it's predicted to be back down in the teens tonight and stay
cold tomorrow.  The ice is finally almost gone from the front steps,
but it will take a lot more thawing before we can get down our
back slope.  Even the deer haven't been going down there.  Saw
five of them at the bottom a few days ago, and they were having
trouble.  Thank goodness, so far none near my azaleas.

APL

In a message dated 2/14/2011 4:49:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,