RE: Blooms
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Blooms
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:22:05 -0800

I have daff foliage coming up but they are a while from blooming. The
snowdrops are blooming, that's about the right timing. It's pretty darn
brown out there though, unless there are significant rains in the next
couple months, we will not see any wildflowers. Always disappointing when
that happens.
It sure hasn't been cold here, we are barely getting frost at night and it's
high 60s during the day. Haven't had as much wind as usual either. I could
probably plant peas if I were ready, which I'm not; probably be another few
weeks before I manage to get the veg garden tilled and the irrigation set
up.
I need to order some bare-root roses - I lost my "Betty Boop" rose last
summer and it was so pretty I'm going to get another. Think I'll look for a
fragrant red as well.

Cyndi