RE: Still crazy weather!
  • Subject: RE: Still crazy weather!
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:14:45 -0800

I planted my onions and seeded the peas last weekend. It's been so mild I
probably should have put them in a few weeks ago. We always get a false
spring in February, but this year it just hasn't gotten cold hardly at all;
a couple nights it might have got down to 20. It's 75F as I type this! No
rain to speak of so unless March suddenly drenches us, no wildflowers this
Some of my daffodils are blooming but not most of them, couple weeks they'll
be in full bloom.
We're supposed to get a lot of wind this weekend, they claim 50mph. I'm
hoping to miss most of it Saturday as we are going to ride in the Valley,
usually they do not get the same wind. I'm also going to start the tomatoes
and peppers in the greenhouse.