more crazy weather
  • Subject: more crazy weather
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:42:09 -0500 (EST)

I don't know how my poor plants will figure out what to do.
After a spell of mild weather without even freezing at night,
we had a week of pretty cold stuff, not out of the twenties
during the day and down into the teens at night - and with
no snow cover.  That worried me because Hellebores were
budding and the quince was showing color.  Then we had
the big snow storm - got about a foot here, and the temperature
dropped to the single digits yesterday morning.  At least there
was snow to protect plants.  But this morning we woke up to
drizzly rain, and today has been in the 40s.  What a mess.
But here's what I wanted to tell you  I know the media reported
record snows in the Northeast.  My friend's son who lives in
Hartford, CT called to tell her that if she watched the news she  would
see his street and his pick-up truck.  He said the TV crews had
brought in truckloads of snow and staged the scene.
Yes, this was the most snow we have had this year, but we have had
many heavier snows in past years.  This one just had more  entertainment
value for some reason.