RE: more crazy weather
  • Subject: RE: more crazy weather
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 412 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:10:52 -0800

Glad you didn't get dumped on!  That is very funny about the staged snow
scene though. Hard to fathom,  we've seen so many pictures of back east it's
hard to believe there weren't real places to dramatize!
Here the big thing is the cop-killer fugitive. I don't live close to any of
that action but I know lots of people who do. Our volunteer organization was
shut down for a while because they were using the ranger station for staging
the search/SWAT teams.  Sure hope no one else gets hurt. The police have
been so on edge they've turned two pickups into swiss cheese, fortunately
the innocent people in them are going to live. Can't believe the number of
bullet holes in everything else around though. I'm wondering what would life
be like if the NRA's dream comes true and everyone is armed...since the
highly-trained police cannot apparently contain themselves to ascertain who
they're shooting at, how do we expect regular citizens to handle themselves
in a scary situation? It's insanity.
We had cold weather Friday - great hopes for precipitation dashed once again
- I think it rained once for a few minutes, and hailed for about 45 seconds
two or three times during the day.  I've decided we have the reverse of the
car-washing phenomenon. You know, you go get your car washed so it rains?
Well here we all want it to rain.  But when it starts Jim runs out to put
the horses in their stalls and as soon as they're all put up, the rain
stops. I've decided next time they'll just have to get wet.