Re: trains in the garden/birds

The hawks in our area seem to be more interested in reptiles. The study that I heard of (from Europe) indicated that cats actually prefer rodents and prey primarily on birds that are sick and/or handicapped. The WSJ article also indicated feeders as focal points of disease transmission and that feeders actually select for those few bird species that willingly feed from them. (There may have been more details, but on New Year's Day, I am suffering from major sleep deficit!)
Cathy