Re: California cows

What's even funnier is that California milk comes from Idaho. Thousands of gallons of milk are trucked to California each day from Idaho. Not funny is the fact that a few years ago dairy farmers were ordered to downsize their herds, and were paid to kill their animals. Some of those tough old guys wept as the cattle were shot and buried by bulldozer. Now there are more dairy cows than ever before in the state, and hauling that white stuff to California. You can have our milk, but you can't have our water. Margaret L

Well Janet, the joke would be lost if you haven't seen the commercials. It was a
comparison between Wisconsin and Cal. cows. Hard to believe the commercials are
that regional. Don't know why it's important to convince Californian's to consume
California dairy products. Anyway the premise of the commercials is that Cal. cows
are happier cows because they are fortunate to live here in snow free fields and
verdant grasslands. The main characters are two "cows" who speak with female
voices (one a princess type very concerned about unsightly marks or blemishes) and
make fun of anything Wisconsin ie. weather, accent etc. They also make fun of
other animals like sheep (in one there is a flock of sheep and each is named Bob
and all they do is follow each other around complaining about the dog). Another
one the cows are awoken by the rooster crowing and one says to another "Hit the
snooze alarm would ya?" and the next thing you see is the rooster apparently kicked
through the side of the barn. Last example is two bulls standing on a knoll when
an obviously happy and sexy cow saunters past them and one of the bulls calls out
"Hey, you work out?"

P.E.T.A. is suing to get the commercials off the air. They claim there is no such
thing as a happy cow and therefore the commercials shouldn't be shown. Not much of
a sense of humor those P.E.T.A. types.