RE: Shepherd's seeds and Renee Shepherd

Orchard Supply Hardware here has been selling Renee's Garden seeds since she
came out with them.  Lucky- the store is right down the street from me.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Margaret Lauterbach
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 1:58 PM
To: gardens@LSV.UKY.EDU
Subject: [CHAT] Shepherd's seeds and Renee Shepherd

I have mentioned to some people that Renee Shepherd had re-acquired
Shepherd's seed co. that she started years ago, then sold to White Flower
Farm.  I need to be more precise here.  She has bought back the Shepherd's
Garden Seeds' packet business, but not the catalog.  She says WFF may drop
the Shepherd's catalog and include some of the seeds in their regular
catalog. Renee will not start a catalog business, but she will combine the
Shepherd's seed packets with her own (Renee's Garden Seeds) for retail
stores to sell.  Her forte (IMO) was selecting excellent veggies and
flowers for us to grow, and many of the varieties that have appeared in
Shepherd's catalog were originally selected by her, I think.  Anyway, we'll
benefit by her choices.  Her other forte (again (IMO) was in describing
varieties of veggies that made your mouth water.  Now we're going to have
to read the seed packets for that kind of information. I'm not affiliated
with any of these enterprises, but have been a happy customer of Renee's
and Shepherd's.  Margaret L