RE: Chat: Lasgana Beds, now Companion Plants

Pam wrote:  BTW - I plant marigolds in the holes of the cinder blocks all
around my veggie bed.  Looks pretty and draws more pollinators too!  I'm

I always planted marigolds in among my vegetables, especially tomatoes, as
companion plants to help with nematodes, snails, slugs, etc.  I also used
garlic and onions in my rose beds (for aphids), and other odds and ends of
companion planting whenever I learned about new ones.  My flower and veggie
beds had a sort of "mixed salad" look, but it seemed to work pretty well.
Do you think your marigolds are serving a dual purpose?