Re: RE: burning/Leucothoe

Ceres: Well, actually--in the more rural areas of Iowa it is still
acceptable to burn...we have open burn dates that are posted in the post
office so people know when people are likely to be burning so if they
need to they can close windows and stuff. We burn alot of our yard
refuse as we can't compost fast enough to handle it all. Most of the
bigger branches though are strictly left alone to dry for camping use.
Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Sat 12/28, < Cersgarden@aol.com >
wrote:From: [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:45:34 ESTSubject: Re: [CHAT] RE: burning/LeucothoeIn
a message dated 12/27/02 6:07:36 PM, kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:<<
ing. The laws here allow you toburn in a barrel between 8am and 5pm
>> I am amazed that many think Iowa as unsettled, wild country yet
we are as progressive as to have banned burning. I love the smell of
leaves burning in the fall but do appreciate the 'clean air' rulings.
Anyone familiar with Leucothoe axillaris 'Vanilla Swirl' as found in the
new Wayside catalog? I love the pictured foliage.
sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage
text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT