Re: RE: burning/Leucothoe

Before burning prunings, look at www.sbf.ulaval.ca/brf/the_hidden.html . Ramial wood chips have been found to greatly benefit soil. Margaret L (who doesn't have a clue why the type is green).

Ceres: Well, actually--in the more rural areas of Iowa it is still
acceptable to burn...we have open burn dates that are posted in the post
office so people know when people are likely to be burning so if they
need to they can close windows and stuff. We burn alot of our yard
refuse as we can't compost fast enough to handle it all. Most of the
bigger branches though are strictly left alone to dry for camping use.
Melody, IA (Z 5/4)