RE: epis, PD cat

Lynda, The Tennessee Bloodroot is Sanguinaria canadensis 'Tennessee Form'
and sounds sort of like a double bloodroot.  Probst writes, "...Local (MA)
bloodroots have flowers with a single row of 8 petals, whereas the southern
formhas at least to rows for a total of 16...The clumps are literally
covered with flowers, some reaching 3.25 inches in diameter.  The interior
row of petalsis slightly narrower and 1/4 of an inch shorter, creating the
effect of a semi-double flower..."

What I have seen of double bloodroots have been small flowers, nothing as
large as 3 inches, which I might have on my regular bloodroots, so this is
neither.  I think I may have to get one.

Kitty