Re: birds/feeding routine

Pam, Thanks, I am doing similarly.  I have deciduous holly, beauty berry,
lots of viburnums (they do so well here), and don't clean out my heavily
seeding flowers until spring.  The WSJ article was interesting...cautioned
about the impact of feeding birds but also mentioned the reduction of
supporting environment due to suburban sprawl...I know too well that good
intentions can result in unexpected negative results...I am thinking about
the efforts to increase the wild goose population which is now successful
to the point that it reduces environment for other species.  I guess my
feeding at this point is more supplemental to our birds since I have not
seen any changes in species visiting over the years, nor any increases in
one over others.  They could not survive on just what I put out.   What is
your location?

Bonnie 6+ ETN