From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of jim singer
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 4:14 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] tangelo ripe?

i'd say so. i pick mine when there is still a blush of green on them. two
things about citrus to know in this regard. one, the fruit will not ripen
further once it is picked. two, when ripe, it will keep on the tree for a
long time and just color up. most juice oranges [valencias] are pick when
still green in color.