Re: Lawn substitutes

In a message dated 01/04/2003 6:07:57 AM Central Standard Time,
pegster57@ntelos.net writes:

> I'd love to do it all in liriope, but I have a LOT of area to cover (my
> entire back yard) and 2 dogs..  :^(

I have that old-fashioned kind of liriope that would cover the world in a
matter of months if I did not constantly pull it out.  The only reason I
planted that kind is that it was in my mother's yard; although, I must say, I
should have paid more attention to the fact that every square inch of the old
yard was covered in either liriope or Vinca major (with the liriope
apparently winning).  Soooo, If you should want some of mine, I'll be glad to
send it along as soon (and as often) as you want it.  It has small, narrow
leaves and white flowers.

zem
zone 7
West TN