Re: Questions...nursery, ornamec, and lenten rose

Hello Bonnie,
    Any hellebore will do Ok under an oak tree if watered in summer.
Hellebore foetidus will do far better with less care that the H. orientalis
(garden hybrid). It is also not as showy in bloom, though.
    I have a real fond spot in my heart for h. foetidus. Here it begins to
send up bloom stalks of bright light fresh green above the old foliage of
almost black olive around mid-December. keeps on extending and forming buds
until January when the blooms begin to open. By February it is in full
bloom. Tall clusters of green bells sometimes edged in maroon. There are
more forms out there besides the species to play with.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com