From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty Morrissy
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 10:45 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: RE: [CHAT] epis, PD cat

Lynda, The Tennessee Bloodroot is Sanguinaria canadensis 'Tennessee
Form' and sounds sort of like a double bloodroot.  Probst writes,
"...Local (MA) bloodroots have flowers with a single row of 8 petals,
whereas the southern formhas at least to rows for a total of 16...The
clumps are literally covered with flowers, some reaching 3.25 inches in
diameter.  The interior row of petalsis slightly narrower and 1/4 of an
inch shorter, creating the effect of a semi-double flower..."

What I have seen of double bloodroots have been small flowers, nothing
as large as 3 inches, which I might have on my regular bloodroots, so
this is neither.  I think I may have to get one.