RE: Bloodroot... WOW

I am growing these double bloodroots also. I purchased my few original
rhizomes about 10 or 12 years ago labeled as 'Sanguinaria canadensis
multiplex'. They are lovely, but I don't think the flowers are over 3 inches
as you describe. I would guess most of them are about 2 inches across. I'm
not sure they have as many as 60 petals either, but certainly more than 10 or
12. The leaves are quite large, however, about 3-5 inches across. I'll have
to look more closely when they emerge in the Spring. They are the gem of my
Spring garden, looking like pristine miniature water lilies.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY  zone 5/6