Re: books

Sally Ann -
There're lots of garden book freaks in this group - sort of goes with the
terrain. I joined  GLDBC years ago when it was called simply Garden Book Club.
 That was also several owners ago.  When I joined I got Hortus Third for $20.

I don't care much for design books and coffee table books, which they carry
more of now than they used to.  I would prefer to see more monographs which
they have never carried much of. (Timber Press & American Nurseryman are
better for these) However, I've gotten a lot of good reference material from
them over the years.  I'm more selective these days on what I add to my
library.  With internet sources available, I can sometimes find GLDBC's
offerings elsewhere for less.  Also need to take into consideration their
shipping $ which is higher than most others.  Even though I don't buy as much
from them as I used to, I look forward to their brochure as it keeps me up to
date on what's available.

Kitty
PS: Also watch Hamilton for deals on remainders.