Re: terms/hollyhock??

Althaea officinalis, found more often in herb than ornamental references, did
indeed originally provide marshmanllow.  It had/has many herbal uses as well.
However, tried a google search on that too.  The descriptions are always of
Marshmallow Root or Althaea Root; the word 'rhizome' never is paired with
either of these names.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't have rhizomes,
It's not listed in Botanica; as I said, ornamental books often skip it. I'll
try to remember to check both AHS A-Z and Herb Society A-Z when I get home.