Re: terms/hollyhock?? OT Poke

I didn't know there was any soil poke weed did not like.  Lots of people here
like to eat poke sallet (the young shoots) in the spring.  I have recipes for
it in old southern cookbooks.  Although I have never eaten it, I understand
it tastes a lot like spinach.  My only experience with doing anything with it
f was using its berries to paint our doghouse magenta when I was a child -- a
project that did not go over well with my father. <LOL>