Book Title Help Please

A friend is desperate for the name and author of a book.
She read it sometime around 1970-ish.
It was a juvenile novel about a family living in Australia (or New
Zealand?).
There were (perhaps) four sisters in the family, and she knows that they
were named for herbs.  Sorrel and Tansy were two of the names.
The mother was into gardening, hence the kids' names.
It was set around the turn of the century.
Does anyone have an idea about this book?
I know this comes from left field, but I'm hoping that some of the
Australian/New Zealand contingent can help.
Thanks!

Linda W.
PS>  My December Journal arrived and the pictures are incredible.  Thanks
to all the                           photographers for such great work!