Re: poke

In a message dated 01/13/2003 3:10:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> Well, Cathy, it may not have taken over the entire eastern US, but
> that's not from lack of trying.

Marge, could climate have anything to do with it.  Poke grows here, and makes
large plants, but is in no way invasive.  I let one grow in the corner of my
garden because I think it is such a handsome plant, especially the berries.
I sometimes have a seedling, but certainly not a lot of them.  This plant has
been here for many years and gets quite large, but it is the only one around.
 We are quite a bit colder than you, here in zone 5, so that might have
something to do with it.  Now garlic mustard is another story....    Auralie