Re: poke

Possibly this is the key -- there used to be a lot more forest around...ergo, less poke. That and climate/zone. Here in z5b, I have identified only 2 plants on 2.5 acres. They are at the forest edge - of course the rest of the property gets mowed - and I don't let them set seed. So far, have not seen garlic mustard; it is in IL, but has not been reported in Adams County. Canada thistle (a weed introduced from France, by the way) is an agricultural pest, but not a problem in home gardens here.
Cathy