From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 6:33 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] everbloooming calla lilies/ hummingbird rescue

Re "Do you suppose
> there are some varieties that are more
> 'evergreen' than others?"

Here's another guess on my part.  In zone 5, it is the overall view that
callas are tender, so they're all pretty much lumped as the same.  But you
are
in Z8/9, so the species might make a difference.  I found the list below
from
Tony Avent.  It doesn't speak to "evergreen", but some are hardier than
others.  Like Donna said, maybe you could ask them.

Kitty

Zantedeschia aethiopica and cvs.(Zone 7a Raleigh, NC) 0F
Zantedeschia albomaculata (Zone 5b Kansas City, MO) -10F
Zantedeschia elliottiana (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)9F
Zantedeschia pentlandii (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC) 9F
Zantedeschia rehmannii (Zone 6 Springdale, AR) 5F
Zantedeschia 'Black Eyed Beauty' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Cameo' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Flame' (Zone 6 Springdale, AR) 5F
Zantedeschia 'Crystal Blush' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Crystal Glow' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Galaxy' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Hybrid Yellow' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Midnight Eclipse' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Pink Pacific' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Pink Persuasion' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)
Zantedeschia 'Pot of Gold' (Zone 7a Raleigh, NC)