Re: poke

In a message dated 01/13/2003 8:12:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

> Garlic Mustard:
> http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/er/invasive/factsheets/garlic.htm
> Kitty

Thanks for doing this, Kitty.  I didn't have time last night to research it,
but was going to do it this morning.  Garlic mustard is truly the most
noxious weed I know of, and I can remember when it first appeared in these
parts about 30 years ago.  It was something of a curiosity then, and some
people declared it was good to eat.  There are a few in every crowd. I try to
pull it up every time I see even a small plant, but somehow it always stays
ahead of me.  I keep telling myself that if I get it early before it goes to
seed, it won't be there next year - ha!  Last year I pulled literally bushels
of it, but I'm sure there will be just as much this year.  Shady hillsides,
(which describes most of my property) seem to be its favorite sites.  Auralie