Re: poke

Marge, I hear what you are saying.  It just doesn't grow that way here for
some reason, thank goodness.  However, I couldn't agree with you more on
garlic mustard - it's the bane of my life.  You have expressed distaste for
Glechoma hederacea (ground ivy), too, which is the other most invasive weed
in my garden.  I think a clue here is that both are "smellies" and the deer
don't touch them.  I'm not fenced like you, except for a small vegetable
garden, so I have to grow what the deer don't like.  I sometimes wonder why I
don't get smart and learn to love a garden of garlic mustard, ground ivy and
goldenrod.  They don't touch Digitalis ambigua, the yellow perennial
foxglove, which is a bit weedy also. And so far, they haven't eaten my
Epimediums, so maybe I'm onto a new style here - but I think not.  Auralie