Re: poke. immortal weeds

In a message dated 1/14/03 9:58:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@earthlink.net writes:

> I have seen garlic mustard at our Extension Service grounds and have once in
> great while come across it at home, but not much.  That's one of the few
> pluses of having a small lot. I use all available space for my plants so
> there's not a lot of bare space for invaders to grab hold.  Oh, some do,
> and
> they slyly grow alongside a desirable plant until suddenly they're taller
> and
> visible.  Then I'm astounded at their audacity and they get yanked.

Today the temps will fall below zero here to add to the trying lot of  New
Yorkers this year.  I guess the sub-zeros are staying for a while.  I have to
think that there is one small good thought to hang on to.  We have no garlic
mustard at least not that I have ID'd in my area.  We have very low pH soil
in the mountains.  That might help.

Claire Peplowski
NYS z4