Re: Soilless Mix Volume

Dan,
The past couple of years we've purchased from Lowe's so of course the
'supplier' knows diddly.  This year we've delegated a "supply officer" in the
group so he may try to get in touch with a more knowledgeable supplier.  We'll
see.  Of course, we're just looking for a rough estimate and rounding up.
Having a bit extra left over isn't a problem - can always get used for
something else.  But running short on potting day isn't a smart thing to have
happen.

One woman in our group poses a hassle for this part of the potting process.
She insists the mix be stored at her place, but she won't allow it in the
garage - it has to stay outside.  So it gets wet, and gets heavy, so she wants
smaller sizes.  She is also a nit-picker about spending money and doesn't want
us to spend any more than necessary.  I'm hoping that now that Jeff will take
care of securing these products, it will be less of a hassle.  I keep a
portion of it at my house for immediate use as most plants for the gardens are
delivered to me and some need immediate attention.  I keep my soil inside.

Kitty