Re: Fafard Soilless Mix

Dan,
Maybe I'll give our local co-op a call.  It seems we checked there in the past
and didn't have much luck, but may have changed.  A few of our MGs are growers
who order palletfuls for a good price, but we are too late to add to their
orders.  One of our out of town MGs has a farm provider - she might get us a
good deal, too.  We're on the look-out.

Meanwhile, For my own use, I usually get  a 2.5 cu ft bag at Lowe's for $8.47.
It contains a tiny bit of fertilizer, wetting agents, and some sort of
moisture-guard to help retain water. This is their least expensive because
it's also the biggest.  When it's wet it's definitely heavy, but dry, it is
manageable.  Occasionally I have picked up compressed bales, too, but if
compressed I want one with a surfactant.

I also try to stretch these mixes for my garage sale plants.  I don't charge a
lot so I can't afford to spend a fortune on soil.  I mix in some cheap top
soil.  these plants will be going in the ground soon, so I wouldn't think it
would make much difference.

Kitty