Re: cimicifuga (aka black snakeroot)

Hello Ceres,
    Cimicifuga Brunette has been in my garden for about two years now. Not
nearly enough time to bulk up for a good display in spite of the fact that I
transplanted 3 year old plants. Takes a while on these beauties... but well
worth it. Brunette (3) is at the top of a ledge with an old burned off cedar
stump and companions are shield ferns, tricyrtis among other things. Soil is
heavy up there, but it is a bit of seepage area... when it rains this is the
last area to dry up.. lots of rocks not far beneath the surface.
    Not enough to do Dianthus justice... I have one "Tiny Rubies" over on
the west side of my garden. The three or so more that I have, I gave to JoAn
and they are in her territory for full sun. I was always told that drainage
was the trick to a well grown dianthus. I have not grown enough of them to
make much of a comment.
    Thanks for the well-wishes
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc