RE: zones

Hi folks!  The AHS list wouldn't send this so I'm using CHAT.

Hi Godi,

I believe that can be explained by the fact that I live on the Long
Island Sound which moderates the temperatures on the shores of LI.  On
the USDA Plant hardiness Map you can see how Long Island is a different
zone than the rest of the state.  LI is the states largest grower of
ornamental plants (with NYS being 6th in the nation).

Here is a link to a hardiness zone map:

http://www.growit.com/bin/USDAZoneMaps.exe?MyState=NY

 http://www.raintreenursery.com/map_usdaHardiness.html

Chris