Viburnum hanceanum

          Thanks to all for all the input on Viburnum hanceanum.  I am quite
certain the name has not been changed since it is still  used by many of the
leading arboreta and other resources: Arnold, Missouri, Cornell, Holden, GRIN,
etc.  I'll check with the folks here at the Holden Arboretum for a
description.  I guess my interest stems from the fact that it is written about
so infrequently, yet many arboreta have it in their collections.  Has it just
been ignored by the nursery trade, and properly so??  Or did it slip through
the cracks for no apparent reason?

          Also, Hance is another one of those interesting characters in the
history of plant collecting, but very little that I can find written about
him.  Just a short paragraph or two in most of the histories of plant hunters.
But it's an interesting search, and I appreciate all the helpful suggestions.

                                               Josh Haskell
                                               Zone 5 and headed for single