RE: Long-lived Tulips

I'd also like to mention that, although you might not recognize all the
names of the tulips on the lists I sent, I do see quite a few that were
available just this past year.  If you don't get a Scheepers or Van
Engelen catalogue, you really should.  He carries a lot of them.  I've
also seen some of these varieties in the stores, if you aren't inclined
toward mailorder.  One of the best deals out there is Van Engelen's
magazine ad offer.  When I bought mine in 1990, it was 100 Darwin Hybrid
Tulips for $19.95 and free shipping.  Today the offer is, I believe
$29.95, but still a terrific deal.  Many of the ones I planted in '90 are
still coming up.  Those that aren't were either destroyed when a fence
went in, or, over time, ended up in deep shade.  But those left
undisturbed and still in the sun, still come up.  And I don't even feed
them. Kitty