From: Island Jim [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:42:47 -0500
Subject: [CHAT] starfruit

my starfruit tree is producing it's winter crop right now. because it's a
grafted selection, the fruit are larger and more uniform than most seedling
trees produce. mine also have superior flavor and juiciness.

but thank random selection, i guess, the tree is not as prolific as most
seedlings. my tree produces 100 or so fruits in each crop [usually two, but
sometimes three, crops per year]; most seedlings produce two or three times
that much at each crop.

everyday these days i haul one or two re-cycled albertson's grocery bags of
fruit to the office and every day they are snatched up before noon.

i never would have guessed so many people like them.