Re: in defense of starlings was: fat birdies

In a message dated 01/23/2003 4:52:10 AM Central Standard Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> Their heads cocked to the side mean they're listening for the grubs; they

Marge, that is too cool!  Had no idea.  I always enjoy watching the cats when
those huge flocks of starlings are flying about four feet off the ground.
The kitties sit in stunned disbelief with the strangest looks on their little
faces. <LOL>

Just heard the noon news saying it's about 20 degrees here now.  I understand
it got down to about 12 last night with a below zero wind-chill.  BRRR!

zone 7
West TN