From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 6:17 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: We are so sorry to announce ......now elderly
ramblings

In a message dated 01/23/2003 1:57:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mhobertm@excite.com writes:

> My goodness, Auralie--you make yourself sound quite ancient..

Believe me, Melody, there are mornings when, at 74, I feel ancient.  And
then
when I work in my garden and things grow well, and when I share interests
with friends, I don't feel that old at all.  As long as the old body keeps
moving - and on mornings like this when the temperature is in the single
digits, it moves more slowly - and the mind keeps functioning, I guess
chronological age doesn't matter too much. That's a good thing about the
Internet - you can't see all my wrinkles.  Jim may sound like a grandpa to
you, but to me he sounds more like one of my sons - God bless 'em.  Auralie