Re: in defense of starlings was: fat birdies

Cell-phone rings!  What a hoot!  I'd like to hear that;-)  We have
Pileated woodpeckers, too...magnificent birds except when they decide
the house is a nice place to peck on.  They can also tear up log path
edges in no time flat...those beaks can move wood!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :