From: Island Jim <jsinger@igc.org>
Sent: 01/24/03 05:24 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: tropical temps/smudge pots

> smudge pots. we use them at the nursery in this kind of weather. they burn
diesel fuel. they're big, ugly, smelly, and you need a forklift or skid
steer to move them around. there's a restaurant owner in town who has six
of them [he stores them at the nursery]; yesterday, we placed five of them

around the restaurant and the other in the backyard of his residence. but
he's the only person i've heard of who uses one at a residence.