RE: fat birdies and cats

Sprinkle him with water- he won't be so enthused in the future to see you.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Ray & Nora Edwards
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 2:50 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] fat birdies and cats

 We are fortunate in having a vast number of birds and our yard attracts
many because it has most of what they want plants with seeds worms and a
water source. We get along well.
    I am having a cat problem though. The extremely friendly neighborhood
cat has decided gardening with me is the best thing he could imagine. He's a
lousy gardener. His idea of gardening is to twine in and out between my feel
, run in front of me and lay down where I'm digging. I have a good rapport
with animals and have had cats and dogs in the past, but even Madam ( my
friendliest cat) wasn't this attentive. Any ideas ? How to discourage his
gardening before he trips me.