Reverse sexism?!

 01/25  What's with "single males"???Reverse sexism?? Ah, Sally Ann and
all...sorry about the faux pa...I like to think I am not guilty of any of
the "isms!"  I was mentally picturing while writing the "young" men that
are in the second, larger garden group that is independent of all National
Organizations (Now, Auralie...I am not hostile to any one group, just being
factual).  It is as mentioned an independent local group, very civic
oriented with a core group that are very active. The meetings are in the
evenings and on weekends to benefit as many members as possible.  The
annual bus (coach!) trip from the core town to Boston for the New England
Flower Show on opening day (this year March 8th)is organized and admirably
run by a "single, younger man"...contributing a good deal to my mental
image :+)  This person of the male persuasion is also organizing other bus
trips this year as they have proved so popular...can't remember how many.
I was feebly trying to contrast the prevailing types of garden clubs that I
know of...are the Men's Garden Clubs of America still in existence?  Anyone
know?  One of these days...I'd like to have the time to research and write
a little about the origin and rise of Garden Clubs in the United States.
Sally Ann, let us know how your garden club experience works out,
please...I, for one, will be very interested.  Thanks!   It's still cold
and very icy here in western MA.  Cheers to all!  Georgene (AKA Cercis)

You!"
> > 2)  don't think so much about retirement, but know what you can or can't
> do
> > / accomplish...know when to give up or give in!  And this goes for
> > retirement as well...I'm beginning to feel as if I could write a book
> about
> > attitude adjustments :+)
> > 3)  read lots of garden catalogs and books so you can dream a lot...even
> if
> > "stuff" never gets planted or dies because you mistakenly put it in the
> > wrong spot or forgot to take care of it.
> > 4)  surround yourself with "real" gardeners! I initially joined what
was a
> > very social garden club (sort of felt like capitulation) so I could
"talk
> > plants" with others.  Guess what...the garden club has changed in subtle
> > and non subtle ways and is now less social and more "sophisticated" and
> > very much more active and garden oriented.  Our members, though all
women,
> > are very much like female members of this list :+) And then I joined
> myself
> > and husband to another larger garden club in another town north of us
that
> > allows single males (!) and couples (!)...sometimes we don't do as much
as
> > its core group, but we do enjoy ourselves, time permitting.
> > 6)  I've reached the point (in my maturity!)where unless something is
> > essential for family benefit I take on no obligations (unless they seem
> > like FUN!) unless they are plant related.  Am I selfish or what?!  I
also
> > spend a lot of time writing...mostly about plants because I have a good
> > reason for researching and it is a good outlet.
> > 5)  as for employees, kids and curmudgeonly spouses...one can either
learn
> > to live with the mess or keep nudging them to pick up after themselves!
> > Nice talking with you...stay warm and stay happy or at least content!

And