Re: Reverse sexism?!

In a message dated 1/25/03 4:47:52 PM, cercis2@earthlink.net writes:

<< are the Men's Garden Clubs of America still in existence? >>

Georgene, their natl headquarters is in the development I live in.  I believe
their are now known as Garden Clubs of America since they allow female
membership. The exception is the Des Moines group, which will not change
their name but have had women presidents.  Now, tell me why a female would
serve as president when they will not recognize them?  My husband joined them
a few years ago but dropped his membership because it was to social.  Their
meetings begin with a dinner and he felt the emphasis was food rather than
gardening.
    Ceres