Re: Reverse sexism?!

In a message dated 1/25/03 5:47:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cercis2@earthlink.net writes:

> evenings and on weekends to benefit as many members as possible.  The
> annual bus (coach!) trip from the core town to Boston for the New England
> Flower Show on opening day (this year March 8th)

Oh, Ceres, if you go to Boston on March 8th you will be one week early.  The
Boston show is March 15-23.  I have my tickets.

Opening day is a madhouse.  Sometimes the tickets are held while the crowd
thins and unless on a bus, you cannot park.  Also the opening days (weekend)
have higher priced tickets to keep the crowds down. If you are staying over,
it may be worth considering the first Monday which is quieter.  4:00 PM in
the afternoon is the best time to visit.  Bring food.  You will drop dead on
the spot when you see the cost of an ice cream pop.  The food franchisers
must make a whole year's income on this show.

We have been attending this show for so many years I cannot remember just
when it started.  I was taken by my mother and aunts when it was in downtown
Boston.  Spring cannot happen here if my husband and I do not "do" the Boston
show.  We can drive there and back in one day but sometimes stay over for a
few favorite places in Boston.  My father's family lived in Boston and it is
second city to me.

Claire Peplowski
NYS z4