RE: now plant clubs- Reverse sexism?!

I belong to a few plant clubs / societies. Found some that I have
enjoyed for years are now under new 'management' (i.e. exec board) and
may not renew. I prefer the groups that offer knowledge exchange between
membership rather than only certain individuals. Some socializing is
important, but not the dominant concept. I realize that business
agenda's have to be there, but not for the entire meeting.. or that is
all they are offering. :(

Also enjoy the ones with community service programs. You learn so much
more with the hands on applications of designing and maintaining an
area. It offers the chance to hear others concepts and previous history
with plants as the committee attempts to do this. It also keeps my
'green thumb' working in the winter months... as in currently working in
greenhouses getting plants ready for next year... transplanted 400 plugs

What does everyone else look for in a plant group?

IL, Zone 5, where it is a bit warmer, 10F, but feels like -1 with the
wind chill, but also snowed last night.... adding an additional blanket
for the plants :)