Re: fat birdies

Remember Tom Lehrer...but never heard that one!
Cathy
On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 08:37 PM, Maria Olshin wrote:

Oh Yes, Tom Lehrer!

"...Your pulse will be quickenin'
With each drop of strychnine
That poisons a pigeon
--it just takes a smidgeon--
to poson a pigeon in the park!"

From: Janet  Laytham <jw.laytham@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:31:04 -0500
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] fat birdies

and those of us who are older and perhaps from the northeast recall a
Harvard professor who wrote satiric songs, like the little old man who
enjoys "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park".
Janet

on 01/25/2003 12:37 PM, cathy carpenter at cathyc@rnet.com wrote:

As you all know, pigeons are close relatives of doves, and the bain of
urban areas. When I lived in Honolulu, they were a fixture in the city
parks. A local comic, did a skit around a favorite grilled chicken
recipe (huli-huli chicken - recipe on request) where "huli-huli pigeon"
was the featured entree.
Cathy, z5b, west central IL, in the 20s and loving it!