Re: now plant clubs

In a message dated 1/27/03 1:20:33 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com writes:

<< Also, isn't it exciting and inspiring to
see tables of prime specimens all set out together for comparison? >>

Auralie, with respect to you, I do appreciate a beautiful arrgmt but this is
not my desires.  I want to see a well designed landscape using all these
wonderful plants and their companion plants. I think this is the trend or at
least in our area.  I work in the greenhouse and noone ever asks how to use a
plant in an arrgmt or how to prepare for a cut display nor could I provide
information with knowledge.
    I do enjoy the flower shows horticulture classes if they are properly
identified.  I especially like the collections.  I have entered these classes
but without knowledge of what or how it is done.  I did, however,  have the
detail identification.
    Now I understand such an organization must have something for everyone
and I think this is good. However, this does not explain the emphasis on the
flower shows and judging.