Re: Men's Garden Club of Montgomery Co., MD was:Reverse sexism?!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Men's Garden Club of Montgomery Co., MD was:Reverse sexism?!
  • From: "Marge Talt" mtalt@hort.net
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:15:31 -0500

As far as I know, Cathy, they still are going.  I have their guide
circa about 1975 or so - still some good info. in it for this area.
I have not
paid much attention to whether they have any new versions out or
what's happening with them, but have read articles from last year
mentioning them....the club was formed in 1946 by returning World War
II GIs.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
>
> As late as the early 1990s, there was a "Men's Garden Club of
Montgomery County" (which was the area I then lived in, in Maryland).
purchased
> their "Guide to Successful Gardening in the Greater Washington
Area"