Re: OT-Reverse sexism?!

Jim,
I guess what I should have said was that understood their use of the term,
but didn't agree with it.

I remember in the late 70s a friend of mine, a pilot, lost out on a job to
a woman who had a lot less flying time.  They said they had to hire women.
I don't agree with that.  I also had a husband who refused to tip waiters;
didn't want to "encourage them to stay in that line of work" because he
wanted to be waited on by a cute girl.  (I always left the guy a nice big
tip)

I also resent the refusal to use the title Ms.  A salesperson called and
referred to me as Mrs. Morrissy, I told her I'm not married and that it was
bad form to assume I was.  She said she was instructed to use only Mrs.  I
resent this - as if single people don't count.  Then I received a Cemetery
service offering through my church, addressed to Kitty Morrissy.  All 3
pages of the letter described everything offered as being conditioned on
the purchase of 2 plots, vaults, urns, whatever.  I called to tell them
that this is exceptionally rude marketing, and were I interested in such
services, I would definitely shop elsewhere.

Why don't single people count?

Kitty