From:  [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:02:06 EST
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now plant clubs- Reverse sexism?!

Melody, the landscape design & the garden study are held each twice a year
and both are each four sessions (usually Thur & Fri class, Sat test). All
four sessions are rqd but in any sequence.  The test is not a rqmt but it
seems to me if you are making the effort to learn you would want to go the
extra mile to be certified.  You may take the classes even as a non-member of
a federated garden club by paying a member-at-large fee.  The LD class is
held at the Iowa Arboretum, Madrid, Ia and the Garden Study has been held
there also and at Reiman Gardens at ISU.  Instructors are usually ISU hort
personnel and must be approved by the natl program.  A professor from Chicago
was teaching at my last renewal of my LD study.  Renewal is rqd one session
each five years but no test.  Students (male & female) come from all over the
state particularly for the LD.  The goals for this program is to prepare you
to serve your community on a park bd, tree bd or some other city planning
effort as well as for your own use.   I took these when I was still working
using vacation time and I think it was well worth it. If you are interested
in taking either I can give you email addresses of the coordinators.

The most personalized portal on the Web!</font>