Re: OT-Reverse sexism< Ms. Mrs.

In a message dated 01/28/2003 11:38:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tchessie@yahoo.com writes:

> OK- I have to put in my 2 cents here.  I have never, ever understood the
> Mrs. thing- why would a woman's title change just because she got married.
> My vote is that everyone is Ms. - married or not.  This reflects gender
> (just as Mr. does) not marital status.  I am married, and still use Ms.  I
> absolutely hate is when I get mail addressed to Mrs. John Witt.- who the
> heck is that?  My name is Theresa.
> I love my husband, but I am my own person- not some appendage.
> Theresa

I got in big trouble some years ago when I wrote a "Director's Letter" as
garden dlub District Director recommending that we all go by our own names.
I love my husband, too, but I don't get credit for what he does, so why
should he get credit for my achievements.  Some of the old-timers thought I
was really out of line, but I notice that nowadays our directories only list
our names with no title at all - and the National organization has taken up
that practice, too.  Auralie